Video Competition IJCAI 2018!
We are pleased to present the second call for videos to the upcoming IJCAI 2018 Video Competition. In the spirit of earlier AI Video Competitions, our intention is to provide researchers with a showcase for demonstrating how exciting and interesting Artificial Intelligence can be, as well as offering to the public and the media accurate information crafted first-hand by researchers. The results of the competition will be presented at the IJCAI 2018 conference (July 13-19, 2018, in Stockholm, Sweden), where the best videos will be announced. All videos will also be made available online.
Call for submissions
Video Contents. A wide range of videos related to artificial intelligence can be submitted to the competition. The topic of a video might, for example, be a general or specific area of AI, the work of a particular researcher or group (yourselves or others), or a concrete application that depends on one or several AI techniques and that may be based entirely on software or partly on hardware. A video may concern work with different levels of maturity: you can introduce something new and interesting, describing known but ongoing research, or summarize a mature area or application, showing its impact on society. The intended audience of a video can be students learning about a topic in a classroom, researchers interested in learning more about subfields outside their own, the general public or the media, etc.
Specific Awards. Several distinct awards will be given. The following categories are envisioned, but may change depending on the submissions received.
- Best video.
- Best entertaining video video (illustrating AI in an amusing or interesting way).
- Most educational video (for students learning about a topic).
- Most societally beneficial video (showing the public what AI can do and does for society).
The following criteria must be satisfied by all participating videos:
- The video must be relevant to the area of Artificial Intelligence.
- The video must be submitted in a widely supported encoding and container format. For example, MPEG-2, Xvid or H.264 encoding in an AVI or MKV container could be used. We reserve the right to recode videos before placing them online.
- The authors must hold the copyright for all materials used, such as music, video, sounds and images, or have explicit written permission from the copyright holders to use and distribute this material.
- The video must not be offensive or advertise/promote commercial products.
- There are no constraints as to the length of the video.
Review Process. After the submission deadline, all submitted videos satisfying the requirements stated above will be reviewed by the video competition program committee (to be announced) according to the following criteria:
- Excitement: How interesting and exciting is the actual technology, research area, application, or other work being presented?
- Educational content: To what extent can other AI researchers, students, or the general public learn about artificial intelligence from the video?
- Entertainment value: How entertaining and captivating is the video to watch?
- Presentation quality: How well is the video produced, what is the quality of the narration and soundtrack, etc.
Title : title of your video
Abstract : a very short description of the main topic of your video.
PaperFile : a text file including a detailed description and explication of your video. Please do not indicate your name or affiliation.
Keywords : select among the keywords the one(s) that best describe your video. If you do not find any, please select "Other".
Track : Select "Video Competition" in the Track menu.
Note that attending the IJCAI conference is not required. For further information about participation in the competition, please contact Marija Slavkovik (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Peng Cui (email@example.com)
Submission Deadline: May 5, 2018 (11:59PM UTC-12) Acceptance Notification: June, 15 2018 Conference Dates: July 13-19, 2018